We are Glambou - a glamorous boutique with Swiss roots and international sales channels.
We are a rapidly growing online and offline jewelry retailer focused on offering a curated selection of on-trend designer jewelry. We believe in supporting up-and-coming designers, as well as fostering an environment of respect and trust with our international team of jewelry experts.
Our multi-channel concept consists of a growing e-commerce business and a strong network of luxury retail stores throughout Switzerland and Germany.
As the Purchasing Manager (m/w/d), you will be responsible for the strategic buying of our products both for our in-house brands as well as our partner brands. Your primary focus will be to analyze, plan, coordinate and execute on purchasing new and existing products, based on our brand initiatives and customer demand in our shops and online. Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, you will collaborate closely with our external production partners as well as our inhouse buying and merchandising team and Creative Director to ensure perfectly balanced stock levels.
- You pull information to dissect the composition/ categorisation of our portfolio and suggest strategic directions and shifts needed – on a product/ collection but also on a brand level
- You contribute to discussions on the assignment of the buying budget and manage your own budget
Constantly communicate with your suppliers on the availability, pricing and terms of stock
You analyse and make buying decisions on new collections
You hold suppliers to terms and standards and negotiate effectively
Using a pre-made tool to assess the required order on products and place it in a timely manner limiting out of stock
You check the performance of the portfolio independently and take or inspire actions to improve it. You actively share overviews of portfolio performance with different views
Conducting internal stakeholder management with our sales departments to gain necessary approvals for buys
Accurate preparation and sharing of the order documentation internally and externally
You can find and engage new trends, suppliers and brands
Finds and implements cost, process or strategic optimisations within range of responsibility
Gathers external data and reflects the outtakes on buying
Minimum 3 years experience as a Category Manager/ Purchaser in D2C or
retail - ideally experience in the jewelry industry
- Good understanding and ongoing insights into competitive landscape, design trends, innovative techniques and methods for design, and relevant industry trends
Excel / PBI proficient – you can build pivot tables, combine multiple different
data sources. Can display the key outtakes from a database in a dashboard
- Experienced negotiator
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and solution-driven thinker
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and changing environment. Willingness to travel internationally.
- English fluency is a must; German and Italian an advantage
- Berlin based and willing to work hybrid from our HQ in Berlin 3 days a week
- A great mission and a highly motivated team from all over the world that wants to push boundaries
- Fast growing company, secure financial situation and long-term prospects within a highly experienced framework
- Competitive salary and a great shopping discount on a wide range of our products
- Central office location in Kreuzberg with a great variety of snacks and drinks
- A workplace where trust, empowerment, feedback and fun are valued
- Sponsored Deutschlandticket & one sponsored team lunch per week